April 3, 2008
This is what I have so far. I’m having trouble figuring out how to append the messages with the new procedure of using “print” to make the emails PDF/A. Perhaps I will do it monthly, then combine the months at the end of the year. Ideas always welcome.
FacAdmin and FacStaff e-mail (March 2008)
At this point almost all faculty and staff memos are circulated ONLY by e-mail. We are using Adobe Professional 8.0 and saving them on the Archives Server.
- E-mail is set up to automatically add to the correct folder (FacAdmin or FacStaff) when it is received.
- Daily read messages. Delete any that are not appropriate for archiving.
- The first messages of the year
- Highlight messages
- Print –
- Printer Name: Adobe PDF
- click properties: default Setting should be PDF/A-1b:2005 (RGB)
- check “Print attached files” under Print Options
- Save to archive$ on ‘archives’ \Archives\FacAdm (or Facstaff) as FacAdm.pdf (or Facstaff.pdf)
- In Adobe
- Advanced drop down menu
- Verify PDF/A
- Delete messages