Thinking on updating
January 14, 2011
I am working on brainstorming two things at once.
- What to included when updating the current archives webpage to look more like the library webpage.
- Content for a presentation I’ll be doing next week of my use of digital images.
Luckily, both things seem to require much the same content. 🙂
For the presentation I have:
- Providing research materials for faculty
- Working with a class building a wiki with information on campus buildings
- Cataloged images in the OPAC, with links to images in the holdings field
- PR through the library blog
- Images added to the RRLC CONTENTdm project, FLAG Heritage
Ideas for the near future:
- Using an online site like dipity.com to build timelines, campus buildings, college presidents, any other ideas?
- Setting up Twitter and Facebook accounts to make more people aware of our collections. See: National Archives (@archivesnews) on Twitter
- Setting up a Flickr account to post images and get feed back on who, when, what and where on photos that we are clueless, or almost clueless about. Similar to the Library of Congress project. Have any of you tried this? How did it go?
All suggestions gratefully accepted.